Zombie Walk cycles

I have spent some time researching what other people have done when animating 3D zombies. There is very much a stereotypical zombie walk, I must ensure I play to these stereotypes so that the audience fully understand what the character is.

The typical stereotypes are:

Arms outstretched - sometimes with limp wrists > hands pointing down

One foot / leg dragging behind the other > foot sometimes at a total right angle.

HIgh amount of hip movement / swaying

Jerky movement of leading leg.













AUDIO

As well as the stereotypical movement the sound must fit what the audience expect in a zombie. I will look to make the 'moans' of a zombie more 'digital' in my animation possibly by passing a stock moan through a pitch / phaser adjuster in Logic Pro or soundbooth to create the robot zombie esque moan.

0 comments: