Animating

To create the animation I used a mixture of freeform animation of the biped and footsteps mode. For the walk sequence I initially created the footsteps at a wide stride to get a zombie esque walk and then proceeded to alter the leg / arm / torso placement to make it more fluid and zombie like.

From previous experience I knew I had to convert the footsteps keyframes to freeform keyframes before I could animate the legs properly. Once keyframes were converted they cannot be reconverted to footsteps mode again, so I always had to be sure I was happy with the footsteps before converting. For this reason each sequence of animation was created in a new file.

Once the animation was finished I rendered out the scenes. I chose not to use skylights and fancy scenes as we were told we were not going to be marked on these aspects. This meant my normal render times of 2 minutes per frame were down to 2/3 seconds or so per frame at 1280x720.

The animation was cut cinematically in Premiere pro. The brightness and contrast was altered in Premiere and some effects were added in the form of the brain and thought bubble. Initally I used lots of zombie moans in time with the mouth. This however proved quite annoying to view I therefore went with a very appropriate audio track (buck 65 - zombie delight).


0 comments: